Re[2]: Adding a note to protocol.sgml regarding CopyData - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re[2]: Adding a note to protocol.sgml regarding CopyData
Date
Re[3]: Adding a note to protocol.sgml regarding CopyData
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Bradley & Tatsuo-san,

My 0.02€ on the text:

> Version 2.0 of the <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> protocol
>
> In the v3.0 protocol,
>
> the 3.0 protocol
>
> version 3.0 of the copy-in/copy-out sub-protocol
>
> the V2.0 protocol.

While reading nice English (I learned "holdover"), it occurs to me that
references to the protocol version lacks homogeneity.

Should it use v, V or version?

I'd suggest to keep "the vX.0 protocol" for a short version, and "the
version X.0 protocol" for long if really desired.

--
Fabien.