Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results intovariables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results intovariables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> I have no doubt that some MUA around would forget to do the conversion.
>
> FWIW, one reason that I invariably use patch(1) to apply submitted patches
> is that it will take care of stripping any CRs that may have snuck in.
> So I'm not particularly fussed about the problem.

Good to know.

> I'm not excited about encouraging people to use application/octet-stream
> rather than text/something for submitted patches.

I'm not happy with that either, it is just to avoid complaints.

> If you use text then the patch can easily be examined in the web
> archives; with application/octet-stream the patch has to be downloaded,
> adding a lot of manual overhead.

Indeed.

>  (At least, that's true with my preferred web browser, maybe it's
> different for other people?)

So if I send with text/x-diff or text/plain I've got complaints, if I send
with application/octet-stream, it is not right either:-) Everybody being
somehow right.

Sigh.

--
Fabien.