Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add missing support for new node fields - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add missing support for new node fields
Date
Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add missing support for new nodefields  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Add missing support for new node fields
>
> Commit b6fb534f added two new node fields but neglected to add copy and
> comparison support for them, Mea culpa, should have checked for that.

I've been annoyed by these stupid functions and forgetting to update them
since I run into them while trying to fix an issue in pg_stat_statement
some time ago.

I've started to develop a perl script to generate most of them from
headers. It is not done yet, but it looks that it can work in the end with
limited effort. Currently it works for copy & equal.

Is there some interest to generate the x00kB of sources rather than edit
them everytime, or forgetting it from time to time, or does everyone like
it as it is?

--
Fabien.