Re: Add accurate option to pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Add accurate option to pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Logic of this option is under following.
>>   1. execute cluster command to sort records.
>>   2. execute checkpoint to clear dirty-buffers in shared_buffers.
>>   3. execute sync command to clear dirty-file-caches in OS.
>>   4. waiting 10 seconds for raid cache is until empty .
>>   5. execute checkpoint to init checkpoint_timeout and checkpoint_segments.
>>   6. start benchmark.
>
> I have similar logic in some of my benchmarking scripts but I don't
> see a compelling reason to include it in pgbench itself.

I agree that this looks more like script material.

However I think that part of this interesting checklist and discussion
could make it to some "caveat" section about reproducible performance
measures in pgbench documentation, though?

--
Fabien.