Re: Add regression tests for ROLE (USER) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Add regression tests for ROLE (USER)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Generally, I think that the tests which return a syntax error are of
> limited value and should probably be dropped.

I think that it is not that simple: it is a good value to check that the
syntax error message conveys a useful information for the user, and that
changes to the parser rules do not alter good quality error messages.

Moreover, the cost of such tests in time must be quite minimal.

--
Fabien.