Re: Add more regression tests for dbcommands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Add more regression tests for dbcommands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> As for the cost, if the proposed tests are indeed too costly, what is not
>> necessarily the case for what I have seen, I do not think that it would be a
>> great problem to have two set of tests, with one a superset of the other,
>> with some convention.
>
> Well, tests like permission tests aren't the expensive part. The actual
> CREATE/DROP DATABASE you

Not me, but "Robins Tharakan".

> do is. The latter essentially are already tested by the buildfarm
> already.

Yep, that is what Tom was arguing.

> So, trimming the patch to do only the fast stuff should be less
> controversial?

Yes, I think so.

I think that allowing "expensive" tests such as a full archive or
replication setup would be nice as well, so maybe having several level of
tests would be a good thing anyway.

--
Fabien.