Re: how to (temporarily) disable/minimize benefits of disk block cache or postgresql shared buffer

From: Matthew Wakeling
Subject: Re: how to (temporarily) disable/minimize benefits of disk block cache or postgresql shared buffer
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
> Thanks for thinking about it.I do not understand why u feel OpenVz is weird.
> at the most its not very popular.

It's not OpenVz that is wierd, but virtualisation in general. If you are
running in a virtual machine, then all sorts of things will not run as
well as expected.

Matthew

--
 Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be
 very selective about who its friends are.                 -- Kyle Hearn