Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Faheem Mitha
Subject Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, Andy Colson wrote:

> Wait... Your saying your question is so complex it needs 41 pages
> (including graphs) to ask?  I didn't bother before, but now I'm curious,
> I'll have to go take a look.

No, only the 25 page document (which has the graphs) is directly related
to the question. It is different variants on a query (well, two queries,
but they are very similar), along with EXPLAIN ANALYZE VERBOSE and
time-memory graphs.

The 41 page document is just background, but relevant background. It
contains information about the schema, tables, hardware, pg config info.
It also has transcripts of a couple of old IRC sessions, which are
increasingly less relevant, so I may remove that.

Since I've been told by a couple of different people that the way I asked
my question was not ideal, I'll try reposting again with a modified
version (but still containing the same information) in a bit.

                                                           Regards, Faheem.