Re: Query times change by orders of magnitude as DB ages - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Matthew Wakeling
Subject Re: Query times change by orders of magnitude as DB ages
Date
Re: Query times change by orders of magnitude as DB ages
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009, Richard Neill wrote:
> Worse still, doing a cluster of most of the tables and vacuum full analyze

Why are you doing a vacuum full? That command is not meant to be used
except in the most unusual of circumstances, as it causes bloat to

If you have run a cluster command, then running vacuum full will make the
table and index layout worse, not better.

Matthew

--
 Riker: Our memory pathways have become accustomed to your sensory input.