CPU cost of operators - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Matthew Wakeling
Subject CPU cost of operators
Date
List pgsql-performance
Episode umpteen of the ongoing saga with my GiST indexes.

For some reason, GiST uses loads of CPU. I have a query that runs entirely
out of cache, and it takes ages. This much I have tried to fix and failed
so far.

What I would now like to do is to tell postgres about it, so that the
EXPLAINs are correct. Is there a way to tell Postgres that an operator has
a large CPU cost? I can tell it what the join selectivity is, but I can't
find anything about CPU cost.

Matthew

--
 Unfortunately, university regulations probably prohibit me from eating
 small children in front of the lecture class.