Re: difficulties with time based queries

From: Matthew Wakeling
Subject: Re: difficulties with time based queries
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

difficulties with time based queries  ("Rainer Mager", )
 Re: difficulties with time based queries  (David Wilson, )
  Re: difficulties with time based queries  ("Rainer Mager", )
   Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: difficulties with time based queries  ("Rainer Mager", )
     Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Robert Haas, )
   Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Matthew Wakeling, )
 Re: difficulties with time based queries  (PFC, )
 Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: difficulties with time based queries  ("Rainer Mager", )
  Re: difficulties with time based queries  (PFC, )
   Re: difficulties with time based queries  (Nikolas Everett, )

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Rainer Mager wrote:
> The data should be mostly ordered by date. It is all logged in semi-realtime
> such that 99% will be logged within an hour of the timestamp. Also, as
> stated above, during this query it was about 1.2 MB/s, which I know isn't
> great. I admit this isn't the best hardware in the world, but I would expect
> better than that for linear queries.

Might you have an unbalanced index tree? Reindexing would also solve that
problem.

Matthew

--
 There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always
 bitch about and those nobody uses. (Bjarne Stroustrup)