Re: Questions about encoding between two databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Archibald Zimonyi
Subject Re: Questions about encoding between two databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I tired changing the client_encoding setting but there was no differance
in the result.

I went into the generated dump file and (more wish then anything else)
tried to simply change the encoding from LATIN1 to UTF8 and then load the
file, it did not complain about incorrect encoding setting for the load,
however it complained that the characters did not match true UTF8
characters (which was almost what I guessed would happen).

So back to square one again.

Archie