Re: [JDBC] SOLVED ... Re: Getting rid of a cursor from JDBC .... Re: Re: HELP: How to tame the 8.3.x JDBC driver with a biq guery result set - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: [JDBC] SOLVED ... Re: Getting rid of a cursor from JDBC .... Re: Re: HELP: How to tame the 8.3.x JDBC driver with a biq guery result set
Date
In response to Re: [JDBC] SOLVED ... Re: Getting rid of a cursor from JDBC .... Re: Re: HELP: How to tame the 8.3.x JDBC driver with a biq guery result set  (Nikolas Everett <nik9000@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Nikolas Everett wrote:

> More to the point is there some option that can shift you into method a?
>  I'm thinking of warehousing type applications where you want to re-plan
> a good portion of your queries.

This can be done by connecting to the database using the V2 protocol (use
URL option protocolVersion=2).  This does remove some functionality of
the driver that is only available for V3 protocol, but will work just
fine for query execution.

Kris Jurka