Re: SHOW TABLES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: SHOW TABLES
Date
Re: SHOW TABLES
Re: SHOW TABLES
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Thom Brown wrote:

> If it's only a psql problem, why implement it as SQL?  Is it just so
> we're not adding keywords specifically to psql?  In that case, it
> shouldn't support QUIT.

Personally, I think this is somethign that should go into the backend ...
I'd like to be able to write perl scripts that talk to the backend without
having to remember all the various system tables I need to query / join to
get the same results as \d gives me in psql ... same for any interface
language, really ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org