Re: Anyone know if Alvaro is OK? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Anyone know if Alvaro is OK?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Hi.  We're out of town right now, and it seems I can't get to my home
> machine (probably just a loose cable).  Our building was shaken badly
> enough that we'll have a lot of work to do to make it usable again.
>
> Our earthquake was 8.3 or 8.8 depending on who you ask, and whatever it
> really was, it was strong enough to tear down a bunch of buildings.  Not on
> my zone though, fortunately for us.  I have several friends on the worst
> area though :-(

Glad to hear you were in a safer zone .. something I've never had to
weather so far in my life, and would rather keep it that way ;(

> Re: the more frequent earthquakes, yeah I was thinking the same today.
> An actual scientific study would be more useful than idle speculation
> though ...

One comment that one guy at work had about this was along the lines of
aftershocks, where there is a ripple effect that radiates out from a big
one affecting seemingly unrelated areas ... not sure how much I subscribe
to that theory, as one would think that the 'aftershocks' would be less
intense then the original, and, so far, 8.3/8.8 sounds *alot* higher then
anything I've heard of recently ...

My thoughts and prays go out to you and your family ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org