Re: Changing the name - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Changing the name
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Greg Stark wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Currently it appears that Greg is the only one who really cares about a
>> name change; other people seem to be OK with the whole "official
>> nickname" concept.  So, time to drop this again I think.  Greg can bring
>> it up again for 10.0.  ;-)
>
> One outcome of this whole discussion is that this Greg is pondering
> adopting "postgresql" in conversation just out of spite -- which he
> was always too lazy to do previously.

I've never referred to it as Postgres myself, always (written and spoken)
as PostgreSQL *shrug*  Never really found it that big a problem to
pronounce ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org