Re: [ANNOUNCE] Free VPS Hosting w/ PostreSQL - Limited # Available - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Free VPS Hosting w/ PostreSQL - Limited # Available
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 16:13, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>>> Why was this approved for posting to -announce? AFAIK, we normally
>>> refer hosters to the list on the website, no?
>>
>> We hav ea section on the web site to post announcements of specials?
>
> No, but we have a section for posting hosting sites. Said hosting
> sites are expected to use their own channels for specials.

And the policy against this was discussed when, and posted where?  In
fact, looking at our web site, there actually is *no* policy about what
can / cannot be posted to -announce (and I know we had / have one floating
around) ... there should be something a bit more prominent / public posted

But, neither here nor there, the policy, as I recall it, concerns two
things:

frequency of posting (once a month *is* acceptable)
and content (has to pertain to PostgreSQL services *or* products)

I'm adhering to *both*

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org