Re: Bottleneck? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ip Wing Kin John
Subject Re: Bottleneck?
Date
Re: Bottleneck?
List pgsql-performance
Hi Scott,

Thanks for you suggestion. I have follow your suggestion by disable
nestloop and have a substantial improvement. Takes 51s now. I have
attached the new query plan in another file.

What I want to ask is, is there any other way to hint the planner to
choose to use merge join rather than nested loop by modifying my SQL?
I did try to sort my second inner join by the join condition, but the
planner still prefer to use nested loop.

As I am afraid changing the system wide configuration will have some
side effect on my other queries.

Here is my SQL.

select * from dummymediastatus rec INNER JOIN ( SELECT volumeGUID ,
MAX(startDatetime) AS msdt FROM dummymediastatus INNER JOIN ( select *
from getcurrentguids(1249281281666,'hardware.volume',null,null) ) AS
cfg ON ( cfg.getcurrentguids = volumeGUID) WHERE startDatetime <=
1249281281666 GROUP BY volumeGUID ) AS rec2 ON (  rec.volumeGUID =
rec2.volumeGUID AND  rec.startDatetime = rec2.msdt ) where  (  ( 1>0
and 1>0 )  and  rec.acsGUID in ( SELECT * FROM resolve('acs0') ) )
order by rec.startDatetime DESC,rec.id DESC;

thanks

Attachment