Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I'd rather step up to maintain it than let it go.  It's a 5 minute change, 5 times a year?  If I can get access, I will commit to keeping it up to date.

Gavin

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Check it out, folks:
> >
> > http://freshmeat.net/
>
> And Freshmeat has 8.3.0!  I thought we were going to keep this up to
> date, and if not, we were going to remove it.  Well, we are not keeping
> it up to date!

_Please_ by all means let's remove it.  It is always out of date.  If we
absolutely must keep a Freshmeat entry, then it should not list any
"current release" at all -- let's make it just point to our own web site
that's (almost) always up to date.

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/