Re: Machine available for community use - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Re: Machine available for community use
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Just a follow-up to note that Red Hat has graciously donated a 1 year
RHEL subscription and myYearbook is paying Command Prompt to setup the
RHEL box for community use.

We've not worked out a scheduling methodology, or how to best organize
the use of said hardware, but I know that Tom and others are
interested.

Does anyone have a scheduling solution for things like this to make
sure people aren't stepping on each others toes processor/ram/disk
wise?

Also, what should the policies be for making sure that people can use
the box for what they need to use the box for?

Should people clean up after themselves data usage wise after their
scheduled time?

Should people only be able to run PostgreSQL in the context of their
own user?  Do we have experience with such setups in the past?  What
has worked well and what hasn't?

Gavin