Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
Re: Using Postgres as an alias  (Andy Astor <andy.astor@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
I really like it (I think I have actually always expressed my favours for it).

Actually, I believe that in the next promotional material that the Italian community will produce, we will clearly state something like: "PostgreSQL, or simply Postgres, is ..." . And we could use this 'message' whenever suitable in conferences, workshops, webpages, etc.

Ciao,
Gabriele

2007/9/26, Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca>:
On Wednesday 26 September 2007 06:11, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> In an attempt to get "Postgres" more widely used, I propose changing
> "PostgreSQL" to "Postgres" in the documentation when there is more than
> one mention of "PostgreSQL" in the same paragraph.  The same could be done
> with the FAQ.

+1

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend