Re: [GENERAL] Run statements before pg_dump in same transaction? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Run statements before pg_dump in same transaction?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/23/2017 12:06 PM, François Beausoleil wrote:
> For development purposes, we dump the production database to local. It's fine because the DB is small enough. The
company'sgrowing and we want to reduce risks. To that end, we'd like to anonymize the data before it leaves the
databaseserver.

how about piping the /output/ of pg_dump to GPG or a similar file/stream
encryption module ?