Re: pg_restore fails due to foreign key violation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: pg_restore fails due to foreign key violation
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 10.12.18 um 11:15 schrieb Olga Vingurt:
> After playing with the dump and importing schema first and data next
> without the triggers we indeed see that data is missing in the table
> i.e. dump is not consistent.
> We don't stop the application which uses database during the dump but
> according to the documentation the dump still should be consistent.

please check if the data are consistent on the source database system.

> How is it possible that pg_dump created dump which is not consistent?
> Did it happen because we haven't stopped the application?

No, but maybe you have corrupted indexes on the source system.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com