Question about contrib - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Condor
Subject Question about contrib
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I have a question about contrib directory. I know the projects there is
not official supported by PostgreSQL development team and I wanna ask,
what will be happened if the leader of project pg_crypto for example (I
repeat for example) leave the project for example in pgsql 13 and
project is not added in next major release i.e. 14. What ppl need to do
if they use this functionality that is not part for one reason or
another from the main project in pgsql version 14 ?
Or the module has some problems and is not ready until the release of
the new main version for an example.

I ask because if a module enters the functionality of the project, then
if this happens it is very difficult to change the whole project so as
not to use this functionality and you want or do not have to get rid of
any database updates until a new version of the model appears or the
whole application is not changed to not use it and this is important and
will not to be cheep.

Is there any guarantee that a module will continue to work and be
maintained from another team or PG even if its author terminates support
and maintains ?

Regards,
HS