Re: Rationale for aversion to the central database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sven R. Kunze
Subject Re: Rationale for aversion to the central database?
Date
List pgsql-general
So far, I have nothing to add, but just one thing. See below:

On 09.04.2018 00:37, g@luxsci.net wrote:
> One advantage to using logic and functions in  the db is that you can
> fix things immediately without having to make new application builds.
> That in itself is a huge advantage, IMO.

This is actually not the case. You want to have those logic tested as
thoroughly as possible being so close to your precious data.

So, you write migration code that substitutes the old logic, test the
whole package, if successful, deploy (and thus run the migration).

Cheers,
Sven