Re: [NOVICE] Error Relation xxxx does not exist when trying to insertnew row - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From William Colls
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Error Relation xxxx does not exist when trying to insertnew row
Date
List pgsql-novice

On 2017-05-31 12:03 AM, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:

> Am 31. Mai 2017 04:54:20 MESZ schrieb William Colls <william@williamcollsassoc.ca>:
>> Environment: Kubuntu 16.04 64 bit: Postgresql 9.5.6 installed from
>> repository.
>>
>> When I try to insert a new row into a table, I am getting the error
>> relation "xxxx" does not exist.
>>
>> However:
>>
>>   * in psql the command \d shows "xxxx" to be in the public schema of
>>     the current database, and owned by the current user.
>>   * SHOW search_path returns "$user", public
>>   * The table, and its columns, were created using pgadmin3. A small
>> test table created from within psql works just fine; no error on
>> insert.
>>   * The properties of the two tables appear to be the same, when viewed
>>     in pgadmin3
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> I know this is pretty basic, and I should be able to figure it out for
>> myself, but for now it has me beat.
>>
>> Thanks for your time.
>>
>> William.
> Maybe a problem with lower/uppercase. Please show us \d in psql and the exact errormessage.

voipms=> \d
             List of relations
  Schema |      Name      | Type  | Owner
  public | CallDetail     | table | voipms
  public | my_first_table | table | voipms
(2 rows)

voipms=> INSERT INTO CallDetail
(datetime,Description,account,callerid,destination,Duration,rate,total)
VALUES ('2017-03-31 14:51:22','Inbound
DID','157974','Joe6132227566','6135091304','28','0.01000000','0.00500000');
ERROR:  relation "calldetail" does not exist
LINE 1: INSERT INTO CallDetail (datetime,Description,account,calleri...