Re: ER Diagram design tools (Linux) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Malinka Rellikwodahs
Subject Re: ER Diagram design tools (Linux)
Date
List pgsql-general
i'm interested in both the xml extractor and the conversion, could you reply with a link or some such it would be greatly appreciated ;)

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Colin Fox <cfox@cfconsulting.ca> wrote:
Conor McTernan wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of any good ER Diagram tools for
> Postgres that run on Linux.
>
> I have been using DBDesigner by FabForce for a couple of years, but
> development has stopped while MySQL workbench is being built (for
> windows only). Neither of these applications will talk to Postgres and
> I've found DBDesigner to be a bit buggy at the best of times (it's
> still quite good and better than nothing I suppose).
>
> I've been using PgAdmin3 which is great for updating/managing
> tables/view etc, but I would really like something for modelling ER
> diagrams which will talk directly to Postgres.
>
> Does anyone know of any commercial or open source software that will do this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Conor

>        subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

I've created an XSL stylesheet that works with graphviz to reverse
engineer an ERD from a postgres database.

If anyone's interested, I can make this available. It works quite well.
It uses a postgres-to-xml extractor that someone wrote (I don't know who
- their name is not in the file) and then I convert the xml to graphviz.

Regards
 cf