Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com> wrote:
> have you tried hanging bunch of raid1 to linux's md, and let it do
> raid0 for you ?

Hmmm ,  i will have only 3 bunches in that case as system has to boot
from first bunch
as system has only 8 drives. i think reducing spindles will reduce perf.

I also have a SATA SAN though from which i can boot!
but the server needs to be rebuilt in that case too.
I (may) give it a shot.

regds
-- mallah.