Re: [HACKERS] walsender & parallelism - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] walsender & parallelism
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24/04/17 02:04, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Oh, and one more point: There desperately need to be tests exercising
> "SQL via walsender". Including the issue of parallelism here, the missed
> cancel handler, timeouts, and such.  One way to do so is to use
> pg_regress with an adjusted connection string (specifying
> replication=database), doing the same for isolationtester, or using
> dblink.

Well, there are some tests (the logical replication uses that
functionality) and it's not quite clear to me what all to run there.
I assume you don't want to rerun whole regression suite against
walsender given the time it would take in normal tests (although I could
see doing that optionally somehow) but then what to pick from there.

Services