Re: collapsing of 'current' and 'latest released' version-specificlinks in docs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: collapsing of 'current' and 'latest released' version-specificlinks in docs
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On 10/12/18 5:10 PM, Vik Fearing wrote:
> On 12/10/18 23:01, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For a while now the "current" and "10" links have been merged in one
>> section, with either not being clickable when the other is selected.
>>
>> I don't think that's good.  I very commonly want to give people links to
>> the *current* version of the docs (so if they bookmark it, they'll not
>> have a soon-to-be-out-of-date link). But a search might lead me to the
>> version specific page for 10.  So then I've to navigate to some other
>> version, just to be able to click on the 'current' link.  That's weird.
>>
>> Is that an intentional side-effect?
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/63641a45-36fc-a8d2-69e4-e150cfbfa032%402ndquadrant.com

Actually, I'd point here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/489cd083-d657-1137-006f-f70b803cffda%40postgresql.org

Both "10" and "Current" are clickable in the proposed new styles, which
will be rolling out "soon"

Jonathan

Attachment