Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: TAP tests and symlinks on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-06-09 09:33, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> The difference seems to be MSYS2, it also fails for me if I do not
> include 'Win32::Symlink' with Perl 5.30.2.

MSYS2, which is basically Cygwin, emulates symlinks with junction
points, so this happens to work for our purpose.  We could therefore
enable these tests in that environment, if we could come up with a
reliable way to detect it.

Also, if we are going to add Win32::Symlink to the mix, we should make
sure things continue to work correctly under MSYS2.