Re: New standby_slot_names GUC in PG 17 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: New standby_slot_names GUC in PG 17
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21.06.24 17:37, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The release notes have this item:
>
>     Allow specification of physical standbys that must be synchronized
>     before they are visible to subscribers (Hou Zhijie, Shveta Malik)
>
>     The new server variable is standby_slot_names.
>
> Is standby_slot_names an accurate name for this GUC?  It seems too
> generic.

This was possibly inspired by pg_failover_slots.standby_slot_names
(which in turn came from pglogical.standby_slot_names).  In those cases,
you have some more context from the extension prefix.

The new suggested names sound good to me.