Re: Reindex does not finish 8.2.6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Clodoaldo
Subject Re: Reindex does not finish 8.2.6
Date
List pgsql-general
2008/3/26, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> Clodoaldo escribió:
>

>  > The database performance slowly degrades and after two weeks i issue a
>  > reindex on the database and the performance gets back to normal. I
>  > have been doing this for ages and i don't remember in which version
>  > this degradation behavior appeared, perhaps 8.0 I'm not sure.
>

> Was this issue solved?

About the reindex, cluster and vacuum full hanging,  i had drop the db
and reload the backup and now it is back to normal. I could not debug
the hanging problem. It was very likely caused by the kernel update. I
never had a crash with this database before. It is rock solid, it just
gets slower.

About the slow degradation of performance nothing has changed. I'm
using 8.2.7 and still have to reindex every two weeks or so.

Regards, Clodoaldo Pinto Neto