Re: centos7, llvm and postgresql12-devel dependencies - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: centos7, llvm and postgresql12-devel dependencies
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Justin,

On Thu, 2020-05-14 at 14:57 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> I'm not sure the reason

History starts here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190316172635.GA16265%40telsasoft.com

and here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAMsr%2BYGzuPv3qSBp3LCrc9SnYi%3DiHfijdjERNNufh75%2BYM-92g%40mail.gmail.com

and then:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5259

> or the details of the build process, but this kind of thing has
> happened before, and I suggested that the build process should check
> that the built packages are installable.  Is that possible ?

Of course they are installable. I just wrote a basic blog post about
that (will also update the website)

https://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/104-yum-users-some-devel-RPMs-require-a-new-repository.html

> For now, I threw this together.  On C7 it shows:

<slip>

You should also check common repo, AFAICS (+ the repo in the blog post)

Cheers,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment