Re: Add A Glossary - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jürgen Purtz
Subject Re: Add A Glossary
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 11.04.20 21:47, Corey Huinker wrote:

Term 'relation': A sequence is internally a table with one row - right?
Shall we extend the list of concrete relations by 'sequence'? Or is this
not necessary because 'table' is already there?

I wrote one for sequence, it was a bit math-y for Alvaro's taste, so we're going to try again.

This seems to be a misunderstanding. My question was whether we shall extend the definition of Relation to: "... Tables, views, foreign tables, materialized views, indexes, and *sequences* are all relations."

Kind regards, Jürgen