Re: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sat, 2022-10-08 at 08:51 -0400, Rita wrote:
> I have primary and standby replication setup.
>
> On my primary the archive directory is rather large (30GB) and growing. On my standby I have recovery.conf which
has
> archive_cleanup_command = 'pg_archivecleanup -d /var/lib/pgsql/11/data/archive %r'
>
> I was under the impression this line would remove data from my primary AND standby. Is that not the case?

That depends on your PostgreSQL version, for instance.

Also, it depends on whether the standby server is running and actually recovering.
Finally, it depends on whether the standby can execute the command successfully or not.

Did you look at the standby's logs?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe