Re: [GENERAL] Performance issue with Pointcloud extension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Performance issue with Pointcloud extension
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/09/2017 09:13 AM, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> On 06/08/2017 10:41 PM, Éric wrote:
>>

>>> Have you experimented with other queries that don't involve PostGIS?
>>> I'm wondering if your hook-installation code fails to work properly
>>> unless PostGIS was loaded first.  This would be easier to credit if
>>> there are hooks both extensions try to get into.
>>

>> I think you're right on Tom. It looks like I cannot reproduce the issue if I start by calling a PostGIS function
ratherthan a Pointcloud function. So it may well be a conflict between PostGIS and Pointcloud. Both use fn_extra, and
thatmakes we wonder. This old thread [*] makes me wonder too! I still need to figure out the bug, but I can see some
lightnow! thanks

<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/984D0F47C5FF4D0DB0D71A4F6EF670ED%40cleverelephant.ca#984D0F47C5FF4D0DB0D71A4F6EF670ED@cleverelephant.ca>

> I now think that the performance bug is not related to the fn_extra
> thing. I had hope but not anymore :) I don't see where the Pointcloud
> and PostGIS extensions could conflict.

Crank up the logging detail?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHEN

log_min_messages (enum)