Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Maziuk
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/14/2018 12:14 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> No CoC can possibly provide for every conceivable situation. Somebody
> has to interpret the rules, and it has to be possible to impose
> sanctions when the CoC is violated -- otherwise, what's the point?
> There are several checks and balances in place, and I for one have
> confidence in the process as outlined. It's imperfect, but quite a lot
> better than either the status quo, or a platitude about inclusivity.

So let me get this straight: you want to have a "sanctioned" way to deny
people access to postgresql community support channel?  "Because
somebody who may or may not be the same person, allegedly said something
somewhere that some other tweet disagreed with on faceplant"?

Great plan if you do for-pay postgresql support for the living.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

Attachment