Re: Need help on autovacuum in postgres 9.1.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Khangelani Gama
Subject Re: Need help on autovacuum in postgres 9.1.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks at lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Albe Laurenz [mailto:laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:22 PM
To: Khangelani Gama *EXTERN*; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Need help on autovacuum in postgres 9.1.2

Khangelani Gama wrote:
> I need help in turning off autovacuum in the Database that's running
postgres 9.1.2 DB. I tried to
> turn it off by putting "off" in postgresql.cont file and restarted the
postmaster but when I run "show
> autovacuum; " query I still see autovacuum set on inside the database.
>
> autovacuum
> ------------
> on
> (1 row)
>
> postgresql.conf currently looks as follows. Should I remove the hash
sign that's before "autovacuum =
> off"    ?
>
> #autovacuum = off                       # Enable autovacuum
subprocess?  'on'
[snip]

Exactly.

See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/config-setting.html
  "Hash marks (#) designate the rest of the line as a comment."

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
informationof Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by
anyoneother than the intended addressee is prohibited.
If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately and destroy the e-mail. Argility
(Proprietary)Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability for unauthorised use of
theire-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.