Re: Add Information during standby recovery conflicts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Add Information during standby recovery conflicts
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2021/01/08 14:02, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/7/21 4:51 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> Thanks for the review! I pushed the latest patch.
>>
> Thanks all of you for your precious help on this patch!
>
> The original idea behind this thread has been split into 3 pieces.
>
> Pieces 1 (9d0bd95fa90a7243047a74e29f265296a9fc556d) and 2 (0650ff23038bc3eb8d8fd851744db837d921e285) have now been
committed,the last one is to add more information regarding the canceled statements (if any), like:

> * What was the blocker(s) doing?

This "canceled statement" is just one that's canceled by recovery conflict?
If so, the blocker is always the startup process? Sorry maybe I fail to
understand this idea well..

> * When did the blocker(s) started their queries (if any)?

If the blocker is the startup process, it doesn't start any query at all?

Anyway if you post the patch, I'm happy to review that!

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center