Re: BUG #6667: diplom on english language on your site - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: BUG #6667: diplom on english language on your site
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 30 Kv=C4=9Bten 2012, 14:37, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM,  <dmitryturin@narod.ru> wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference: =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A06667
>> Logged by: =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Dmitry Turin
>> Email address: =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0dmitryturin@narod.ru
>> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
>> Operating system: =C2=A0 windows
>>
>> Excuse me, that i forced to ask via this form, but i did not find other.
>>
>> Several years ago i seen file on your site with diplom about trees on
>> english language. I cannot find it. Can you prompt address (URL) of this
>> file? Or can you send it to my email, if it is absent on site now?
>
> I don't know what a diplom is.

I'd guess he means a diploma thesis, though it's not clear which one.

There are two papers mentioned in src/backend/access/nbtree/README, namely

 1) Efficient Locking for Concurrent Operations on B-Trees, P. Lehman and
S. Yao, ACM Transactions on Database Systems, Vol 6, No. 4, December
1981, pp 650-670)

 2) Symmetric Concurrent B-Tree Algorithm, V. Lanin and D. Shasha,
Proceedings of 1986 Fall Joint Computer Conference, pp 380-389)

Not sure if those are the right papers, though.

Nevertheless, I find posting such requests on pgsql-bugs rather rude.

Tomas