Re: Do we really need a 7.4.22 release now? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Childs
Subject Re: Do we really need a 7.4.22 release now?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2008/9/20 Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>

>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>>

>>> 3 years - Maintenance mode only
>>> 5 years - End of life
>>>
>>> Of course we need to define what maintenance mode only means.
>>>

>> We effectively put each release into maintenance mode on day 1, ISTM.
>>

> True enough.

Surely it should be x years from the release of the next major version
or something Not x years from release. If we say End of Life is x
years from release then don't get round to releasing for ages a
version may reach end of life with nothing to replace it. (Which will
happen if we ever exhaust the To Do list (bit pie in the sky but never
mind))

Peter