Re: slow update of index during insert/copy - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Carey
Subject Re: slow update of index during insert/copy
Date
List pgsql-performance
You may want to investigate pg_bulkload.

http://pgbulkload.projects.postgresql.org/

One major enhancement over COPY is that it does an index merge, rather than modify the index one row at a time.
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000261/456/20060709_pg_bulkload.pdf