Re: [pgsql-novice] Daily digest v1.2311 (11 messages) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jasmin Dizdarevic
Subject Re: [pgsql-novice] Daily digest v1.2311 (11 messages)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi again,

we like to build a data warehouse and i would like to read your thoughts about the hardware we plan to use.
for us the most important thing is performance.

IBM x3655 2 x AMD Opteron QuadCore 2.3 Ghz L2: 2 MB
64 GB of ram
IBM System Storage EXP3000
with 7 x 146 GB 15k SAS HDDs (8 MB Cache)

Do you see any problems with the L2-Cache or the HDD-Cache? Are they important for pg?
Have you any suggestions for the RAID-Controller?

We plan to set up the hole thing on gentoo. A good idea?

Thank you very much for you'r replies.

Jasmin