Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Remove stickiness from navigation bar in docs
Date
List pgsql-www
On 2/5/19 5:33 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 4 Feb 2019, at 16:56, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/3/19 9:36 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>>> Attached is a patch that actually corrects the problem. If there are no
>>> objections, I will apply in the next day.
>>
>> I have committed the aforementioned patch.
>
> Sorry for being too slow to review, but I believe this patch made the navbar
> partially overlap the top row of content.

Specifically, this is in the docs. I was able to reproduce it. When I
had tested this, I did not have that issue, but perhaps I missed it
cause of local browser cache. Oops :(

> In a desktop size browser the top row is partially obscured, to then be fully
> visible when the navbar becomes a hamburger, to be fully overlapped when the
> searchbox disappears to finally be visible again at < 640 wide displays when
> the shoutbox seeminly erroneously reappears (it’s mostly hidden but pushes the
> content down).
>
> I haven’t had time to try and fix it properly, but removing the shoutbox from
> the docs instead of hiding it underneath the navbar, and adding padding-top:
> 1.5rem; to the main content seems to fix it for all viewports (only tested in
> Chrome).

I'll investigate and work on getting a patch ready for today.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment