Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

> It was a bug of version 8.1.
> We solve all our problem simply update to 8.4 !!!

Well ... it was not a bug, actually a feature that was not yet
implemented.

My first question about which version of PostgreSQL you were using in this
thread was exactly for that purpose, but ... you never replied to that.

Next time, please post the version you are using and possibly the
operating system.

> It's incredible, DB don't change dimension even after 1 million insert
and
> update.
> CPUs average load  drastically is fallen down!

Glad you fixed it.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--