Re: AIX support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: AIX support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 24, 2024 at 04:09:39PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 24/09/2024 14:25, Srirama Kucherlapati wrote:
> > Hi Heikki & team,
> >
> > Could you please let me know your comments on the previous details?
> >
> > Attached are the individual patches for AIX and gcc(__sync) routines.
>
> Repeating what I said earlier:
>
> > Ok, if we don't need the assembler code at all, that's good. A patch
> > to introduce AIX support should not change it for non-AIX powerpc
> > systems though. That might be a good change, but would need to be
> > justified separately, e.g.  by some performance testing, and should
> > be a separate patch

Agreed.  Srirama Kucherlapati, you seem to be doing the minimum amount
of work and then repeatedly asking the same questions.  I suggest you
start to take this task more seriously.  I would go back and read the
entire thread, and take the things we have told you more seriously.

  When a patient asks the doctor, "Am I going to die?", he means
  "Am I going to die soon?"