Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 05:33:18PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 10:01:28AM +0200, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
>> Another new API that is useful for extension authors is the following
>> one (I'm obviously biased since I'm the author, and I don't know if
>> there's still time):
>>
>>     Add macros for looping through a List without a ListCell.
>
> Can someone else comment on the idea of adding this release note item?
> I don't feel confident in my ability to evaluate this.  I obviously did
> not see it as significant the first time.

I'm not sure precisely what criteria you use to choose what goes in the
release notes, but this one seems like a judgement call to me.  My initial
reaction is that it shouldn't be included, but I do see some items with a
similar scope, such as "Remove some SPI macros."

--
nathan