Re: Pgstattuple on Sequences: Seeking Community Feedback on Potential Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: Pgstattuple on Sequences: Seeking Community Feedback on Potential Patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 13, 2024 at 09:47:36AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2024 at 07:41:30PM -0500, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> Ugh, the buildfarm is unhappy with the new tests [0] [1].  Will fix.
>
> I'd suggest to switch the test to return a count() and make sure that
> one record exists.  The data in the page does not really matter.

That's what I had in mind.  I see that skimmer is failing with this error:

    ERROR:  cannot access temporary tables during a parallel operation

This makes sense because that machine has
debug_parallel_query/force_parallel_mode set to "regress", but this test
file has used a temporary table for a couple of years without issue...

--
nathan