Re: attndims, typndims still not enforced, but make the value within a sane threshold - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: attndims, typndims still not enforced, but make the value within a sane threshold
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 20, 2024 at 10:11:00AM +0800, jian he wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 10:35 PM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The last time this was discussed, I think the conclusion was
> > > we should remove attndims and typndims entirely on the grounds
> > > that they're useless.  I certainly don't see a point in adding
> > > more logic that could give the misleading impression that they
> > > mean something.
> > >

> attached patch removes attndims and typndims entirely.
> some tests skipped in my local my machine, not skipped are all OK.

I have been hoping for a patch links this because I feel the existence
of these system columns is deceptive since we don't honor them properly.

  When a patient asks the doctor, "Am I going to die?", he means
  "Am I going to die soon?"